We have switched from printed workouts to getting your workouts on your iPad (or personal device) using Train Heroic. Here are the things you need to do to get started.
Click the link to join your TrainHeroic lifting team/group (or enter the access code on the app):
- Basketball – Boys (Varsity/JV)
- Access Code: FHSBBBV
- Basketball – Boys (9th A&B)
- Access Code: FHSBBB9AB
- Basketball – Girls
- Access Code: FHSGBB1718
- Hockey – Girls (Varsity)
- Access Code: FHSGHocV
- Hockey – Girls (JV)
- Access Code: FHSGHocJV
- Swimming – Boys
- Access Code: FHSBSwim
- Access Code: FHSWr1718
- Fall Off-Season (for winter sports)
- Access Code: FHSOSF1
- Fall Off-Season (for spring sports)
- Access Code: FHSOSF2
- Winter Off-Season
- Access Code: FHSOSW
- Click on the blue “Sign Up” button on the bottom right corner of the page. (If you already have a Train Heroic account, click “Sign-up” then just log-in and join the team. Don’t create a new account.)
- Sign up using the form on the right side of the page:
- Enter your FULL name (first and last)
- Pick a username
- Enter your email address (*Important: Use your personal email, NOT your @192.org address)
- Pick a password
- Store your username and password somewhere in case you forget. I cannot look them up for you if you can’t remember them. They need your email for password reset if you forget it.
- Click the blue “Start Training” button to begin.
- Enter your maxes (if you know them):
- On the website, click the three little lines in the top left corner to slide open your profile tab.
- Click on “About Me”.
- Then click on “Working Maxes”.
- One the app, click on “Account” and then click on “Maxes”
- You can now enter the maxes that you know for the exercises that are listed. If you don’t know them they will get filled in automatically and will get updated from your workouts while you do them.
- To update your settings, slide open your profile tab and click on the gear at the bottom.
- In Safari, when you are on your profile page, click the square with up arrow icon, and then click “Add to Home Screen”. to add create a clickable “app” icon on your home screen without having to open the web browser.
- Download the app. Click the app banner at the top of the website to get it. Or go to the app store and download the TrainHerioc app. Just click HERE. (There is also an Android app). The Apple App Store app must be the iPhone only app, and not the iPad Team app.
- To enter the access code on the TrainHeroic app, click on “Account” and then click on “My Content” and add the code there.
You are now setup and ready to go. Make sure you bring your iPad each day that you lift, so you have access to your prescribed workout.
During your workout, you can update your weights and reps to more accurately track your progress, and Train Heroic will automatically adjust the lifting program to account for those changes. There will also be “Leaderboard Challenges” to add some competition to our workouts. A leaderboard will be generated for each test that we do so you can see how you rank compared to the rest of your teammates.
For help figuring things out if you are stuck, here is the Train Heroic Support Page.