Registration forms for Training Camp 2019 are now available. You can download yours HERE. Training Camp will start on the first Monday of summer break, June 10 and will finish on August 1. We will also have a week off for the mandated no-contact week during the 4th of July. The training schedule will remain basically the same as last summer. Our workouts will continue to evolve with the implementation of the Triphasic training principles and a more advanced periodization model. Movement function and technique will be a major emphasis in all phases of our workouts, along with improved velocity and rate of force development.
Continue to build on the gains that have already been made during the school year by being a Training Camp participant. Things continue to improve in Farmington, but the summer is the critical segment of the training year. Your work habits determine your future. Don’t get left behind!
*You will need your iPad (or phone) and your TrainHeroic account set up to get your workouts. Download the iPhone-only app from the app store.
You must be registered to participate. Be sure to get your registrations turned in to Coach Meier before we start in June. Middle School athletes can turn their form in to Coach Price at Dodge Middle School.
Training Camp Coaching Staff:
- Scott Meier – Head S&C Coach, FHS P.E. Teacher, NHSSCA-MN State Director
- Adam Fischer – Head Football Coach, FHS Teacher
- Beau Price – Asst. Football Coach, DMS P.E. Teacher
* Other Farmington coaches, along with several college interns, will be assisting throughout the summer as well.
Questions? Contact Coach Meier.
We have switched from printed workouts to getting your workouts on your iPad (or personal device) using Train Heroic. Here are the things you need to do to get started.
Click the link to join your TrainHeroic lifting team/group (or enter the access code on the app):
- Click on the blue “Sign Up” button on the bottom right corner of the page. (If you already have a Train Heroic account, click “Sign-up” then just log-in and join the team. Don’t create a new account.)
- Sign up using the form on the right side of the page:
- Enter your FULL name (first and last)
- Pick a username
- Enter your email address (*Important: Use your personal email, NOT your @192.org address)
- Pick a password
- Store your username and password somewhere in case you forget. I cannot look them up for you if you can’t remember them. They need your email for password reset if you forget it.
- Click the blue “Start Training” button to begin.
- Enter your maxes (if you know them):
- On the website, click the three little lines in the top left corner to slide open your profile tab.
- Click on “About Me”.
- Then click on “Working Maxes”.
- One the app, click on “Account” and then click on “Maxes”
- You can now enter the maxes that you know for the exercises that are listed. If you don’t know them they will get filled in automatically and will get updated from your workouts while you do them.
- To update your settings, slide open your profile tab and click on the gear at the bottom.
- In Safari, when you are on your profile page, click the square with up arrow icon, and then click “Add to Home Screen”. to add create a clickable “app” icon on your home screen without having to open the web browser.
- Download the app. Click the app banner at the top of the website to get it. Or go to the app store and download the TrainHerioc app. Just click HERE. (There is also an Android app). The Apple App Store app must be the iPhone only app, and not the iPad Team app.
- To enter the access code on the TrainHeroic app, click on “Account” and then click on “My Content” and add the code there.
You are now setup and ready to go. Make sure you bring your iPad each day that you lift, so you have access to your prescribed workout.
During your workout, you can update your weights and reps to more accurately track your progress, and Train Heroic will automatically adjust the lifting program to account for those changes. There will also be “Leaderboard Challenges” to add some competition to our workouts. A leaderboard will be generated for each test that we do so you can see how you rank compared to the rest of your teammates.
For help figuring things out if you are stuck, here is the Train Heroic Support Page.
The schedule for the weight room will be changing this fall from how things have operated in the past. There will no longer be any “open” weight room time. There will be “in-season” lifting and “off-season” lifting for high school students. Fall sports that are lifting have a scheduled in-season time when they will be working out. The weight room will be closed to everyone else at those times. Everyone who is not currently participating in a fall sport will be doing the off-season program. You can view the full calendar HERE, but for the most part here is what a typical week will look like for the off-season lifters:
- Monday: JAQS = 3:15-3:45, Lifting = 3:45-4:45
- Tuesday: Lifting 3:15-4:15
- Wednesday: JAQS = 3:15-3:45, Lifting = 3:45-4:45
- Thursday: Lifting 3:15-4:15
The first week of school will be an orientation week for beginners, and everyone will be finding maxes for their lifting program. Workouts will start on Monday, Sept 14th, and will be a 7 or 8-week program depending on winter sports. There is no registration required and there is no fee in order to participate. Just show up in the weight room ready to work hard. If you have any questions, contact Coach Meier at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We just had the annual random draw for the Football Ironman this morning. Here is the starting position for this year’s competition:
• Clean: Jr (M-Z)
• 40 Yard Dash: Soph (P-Z)
• Back Squat : Soph (A-G)
• Pro Agility: Sr (A-L)
• :60 Tire Flip: Jr (A-L)
• Bench Press: Sr (M-Z)
• Vertical Jump: Soph (H-O)
All groups start in this spot, and then rotate through in the order that the events are listed.
*Monday, August 12 update: Full results can be found HERE.
Congrats to Mason Auge, this year’s Ironman Champion!